Who can apply?
- 501c3 or tax exempt organizations
- Organizations must provide services to all County of Marin residents, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, or any other factors
What kinds of projects does this grant fund?
Prioritization is given to planned projects and programs that:
- Provide a countywide benefit to residents
- Fill the needs of unincorporated areas
- Have a clear plan to evaluate and report on progress
- Can be completed within the same fiscal year funding is approved
- Provide a service that would require the resources of more than one County department
While not a requirement, we tend to give priority to requests that represent 50% or less than the total cost of the project.
How can I use the funds?
- This grant is not for ongoing program funding
- Funds cannot be used to replace other funding or revenue sources
- Some requests may not be funded to the full amount requested, so you may need to show other funding sources
- If you have money left over, you need to return it
- You can't use the funds for political, religious, or fundraising activities